Farsi-speaking / Iranian Fellowship
خوش آمدید به کلیسای ایرانیان
All services are currently suspended due to COVID-19
The Farsi-speaking Fellowship meets on Thursday evening at 7.00pm in the hall. The meeting begins with testimonies, and then Bible teaching, followed by a time of worship. All is either in, or translated into, Farsi
We are excited by the work that God is doing among the people of Iran, and other nearby states. Read this link from Premier Christianity that shares something about what we are experiencing now in CRB with our Farsi Fellowship.
As well as Farsi speakers from Iran who are Christian or exploring the Christian faith, we have a significant number of Kurds who now have a group on Wednesdays 7pm to 8:30pm, and individuals from Afghanistan, Turkey, Iraq, and Azerbaijan.
The Fellowship also offers –
- Pastoral support for asylum seekers and those granted leave to remain looking to settle in Sheffield
- Baptism classes – every 2 months
- Bible studies – every week
- Farsi alpha course – on Sunday mornings during the morning service at 11am and at our Rotherham Satellite fellowship on Mondays 11am-1pm.
- English classes – every other Thursday at 5:30pm to 6:30pm in the Conference Room at Church. Two classes are available: for basic and intermediate English.
- Volunteering opportunities – every Wednesday from 10.00am around the Church – many odd-jobs are done, and much tea is drunk. Our caretakers supervise those wanting to develop caretaking skills and experience.
- Introduction class to Christianity and the Church – For Asylum seekers, those preparing for baptism, and those new to the Church. Each Thursday at 7pm-8.30pm in the lounge.
- Women’s ministry as part of the fellowship – time and date tbc
Resources for Farsi speaking enquirers and Christians:
The Farsi Fellowship members have found the following helpful:
- Elam Ministries
- www.raminparsa.org – Ramin Parsa has come and shared teaching in our Fellowship and has a passion to see the gospel spread. Ramin also has a Youtube channel that can accessed through his website.