Farsi-speaking / Iranian Fellowship
خوش آمدید به کلیسای ایرانیان
The Farsi-speaking Fellowship meets on Thursday evening at 7.00pm in the hall. The meeting begins with testimonies, and then Bible teaching, followed by a time of worship. All is either in, or translated into, Farsi. On the last Thursday of the month, the teaching is given by Pastor Reza Sotudeh (see pic right and below).
We are excited by the work that God is doing among the people of Iran, and other nearby states. Read this link from Premier Christianity that shares something about what we are experiencing now in CRB with our Farsi Fellowship.
As well as Farsi speakers from Iran who are Christian or exploring the Christian faith, we have a significant number of Kurds (whose own Fellowship Group will be starting in May 2019), and individuals from Afghanistan, Turkey, Iraq, and Azerbaijan.
The Fellowship also offers:
- Pastoral support for asylum seekers and those granted leave to remain looking to settle in Sheffield
- Baptism classes – every 2 months
- Bible studies – every week
- Farsi alpha course – on Sunday mornings during the morning service at 11am and at our Rotherham Satellite fellowship on Mondays 11am-1pm.
- English classes – each Thursday at 5pm in the Conference Room at Church. Two classes are available: for basic and intermediate English.
- Volunteering opportunities – every Wednesday from 10.00am around the Church – many odd-jobs are done, and much tea is drunk. Our caretakers supervise those wanting to develop caretaking skills and experience.
- Introduction class to Christianity and the Church – For Asylum seekers, those preparing for baptism, and those new to the Church. Each Thursday at 5pm-6.30pm in the lounge.مقدمه ای بر مسیحیت”کلاس آموزشی برای پناهندگان”5- 5/6 عصر زمان برگزاری:
- Women’s ministry as part of the fellowship – time and date tbc
Resources for Farsi speaking enquirers and Christians:
Why not join our Telegram link for updates.
The Farsi Fellowship members have found the following helpful:
- Elam Ministries
- www.raminparsa.org – Ramin Parsa has come and shared teaching in our Fellowship and has a passion to see the gospel spread. Ramin also has a Youtube channel that can accessed through his website.
- Pastor Reza Sotoudeh from Birmingham, is a regular speaker at the Fellowship – currently he is with us on the last Thursday of every month – the meeting on these evenings begins at 7pm. Reza has shared some teaching online, see below for a talk on Prayer:
The Fellowship is coordinated by Roo Mahmid.