As a church, we’re in the process of discerning who God is shaping us to be. Our sense today, is that CRBC is, and is increasingly becoming:
- A welcoming community for people of all ages and backgrounds, helping people join in and belong
- A Spirit-filled community, praying, worshipping, and growing in the Fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit
- A connected community; a church that is more than Sundays, as we love one another
- A learning community; growing in our knowledge and love of God, from the Bible and one another, as followers of Jesus
- A sent community; going into the world to serve and make disciples.
CRBC, as with most Baptist Churches, has a “Membership” system, where those who are “Members” have deliberately opted into various key elements of church life as an expression of their belonging to the church. Membership can be seen most clearly in:
All Members have the chance to discuss and shape the important factors of church life, as together we discern and agree where God is leading us.
The Members provide CRBC so that others can join in. Contributions come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and could include taking on volunteer roles, praying for the people, ministry and mission of the church, financial giving and more.
CRBC operates as a family, where Members go first in caring for one another, helping others join in, and ensuring we’re all growing as disciples. It’s the Members who together set the culture, where we hope to make our church family feel a bit like Heaven on earth!
If you’d like to know more about Church Membership, or who we are as a church, please do [get in touch] hyperlink to contact form.